As tabletop games (桌遊 / zhuo you) are a pretty big deal to me, I’m always on the lookout to see how board gaming looks through the lens of various places I travel to. I recently wrote about some of my insights on board gaming culture in Taiwan. Here are a few quick tips!
- Board games are everywhere, if you look for them
- Most sores don’t carry huge titles
- Most games are written in traditional (繁體字 / fan ti zi)
- Board game shops look a little different
- Board game cafes are big
- Games that sell are cute and on the smaller side
If you want to learn more about these tips, including what my favorite board game shop in Taiwan is, check “Board Game Culture in Taiwan” on my tabletop game development site, Ignite Wonder Games.