As tabletop games (桌遊 / zhuo you) are a pretty big deal to me, I’m always on the lookout to see how board gaming looks through the lens of various places I travel to. I recently wrote about some of my insights on board gaming culture in Taiwan. Here are a few quick tips!
- Board games are everywhere, if you look for them
- Most sores don’t carry huge titles
- Most games are written in traditional (繁體字 / fan ti zi)
- Board game shops look a little different
- Board game cafes are big
- Games that sell are cute and on the smaller side